Tip for frequent joggers jogging in a heavily infested stray animals in a residence (avoiding an attack):
- Do not attempt to feed the animals as feeding the animals could increase the likeliness of the animals attacking you.
- Do not provoke the animals as provoking the animals would do nothing but impose a threat to yourself.
- Avoid direct eye contact; direct eye contact is a challenge that will antagonize the animal.
- Don’t run!; Predatory animals instinctively give chase. When you turn and attempt to flee you become prey.
- Look threatening; though you don’t want to directly challenge the animal, appearing ferocious can deter an attack.
- Leave the animal an escape route; in most cases, the animal is just as frightened as you and will look to escape. But If cornered, the animal will attack.
- Slowly back away from the animal; while avoiding eye contact, retreat while maintaining a large posture.
- Weekly Green Tip – Don’t Feed The Animals! (irvinedirectorsblog.wordpress.com)
- Eye Contact (museincconsulting.wordpress.com)